Welcome To Burford Surgery Website
Here you can access commonly used services like on-line medication and on-line appointment booking (please select services on the above menu) as well as submitting enquiries about referrals or hospital appointments and results.
You can also find out about services provided at the practice including information about Burford Surgery as a Training Practice. This information is primarily for future GPs but patients are also welcome to look at this. You can also view this information on a mobile phone.
Burford Surgery is delighted to inform you that we now have formed a patient participation group (PPG). This group is made up of 6 members who are volunteers from among the Burford (with Carterton) practice's patients. They would be happy to hear from any of you that have constructive comments and suggestions to make about the service provided by the practice. If you wish to contact the PPG directly please email Burford.email@example.com and one of its members will respond to you.
We were pleased to be awarded good for all areas in the CQC inspection. For further details please see Feedback about the service section
Medical care is increasingly complicated and often lots of little mistakes can build up to a bigger error. We would like you to let us know if things have gone wrong so we can try to correct them.
We will soon be required to supply your personal and confidential medical Information to the Health and Social Care Information centre (HSCIC). This information will be taken from the practice in a form that can identify you. The Practice has NO choice but to allow the HSCIC to extract this information. However, individual patients can instruct their Practice to stop the transfer of their data. For more information on the reasons for this data extract and how to opt out for sending your confidential information Please click HERE.
As part of the contract with the NHS all primary care providers are required to offer/work towards the following :
- Electronic Appointment Booking - Burford Surgery patients can book appointments electronically
- On line Booking of repeat prescriptions - Burford Surgery patients can book repeat prescriptions
- Summary Care Record - By March 2014 Burford Surgery patients will be uploaded to the spine unless they have previously declined for their records to be upload (see above)
- GP2GP transfers - Burford Surgery uses GP2GP transfer of patients records
- Patient Access to records. – You can now access your record to view or print off repeat medication, allergies and immunisations should you wish. To do this you need to use the EMIS ACCESS service (above under on-line services).
- Referral Management - Burford Surgery includes the patient NHS number as the primary identifier in all NHS clinical correspondence issued by the practice
Publication of GP Net Earning
GP Net Earnings 2014/15
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (eg average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.The average pay for GPs working for six months or more in Burford Surgery in the last financial year was £52059 before Tax and National Insurance. This is for 1 full time and 4 part time GPs.
Problem with a Hospital Appointment or Result?
You can either:
- Ring the secretary direct
- Ring the Patient Liaison line at the hospital:
- Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals
- Ask us to chase this up on your behalf